Monday, November 15

So - A week of catch up, both literally and figuratively.

Well, after the last post I did go out and do something active! Not sure on the precise order, but it had something to do with running with Angie out on the Rondebosch Boys High grounds in our Vibram Five Fingers (VFF) to get used to running in them more often (Angie has taken to wearing them as often as she can, even for jaunts to and from the shops which we both seem to be doing more frequently, both the VFF wearing and shopping) as is understandable with the wedding "looming" just two weeks away.

To be honest, and yes I realise I'm digressing somewhat. I'm really looking forward to the wedding for numerous reasons, and although one of them happens to be so I can get it out of the way and Life can go back to some semblance of normalcy, the main reason is this: I'm looking forward to seeing my beautiful, smiling Bride in her lovely dress and surrounded by friends and family.

Okay, digression out of the way. I then went climbing the following day and outdid my pitiful Tuesday attempt at any route and killed a 17, two 18's and two 19's solidly - all top-roped but without breaks and all in a single block. I have my eyes on a 23 Derek completely blew away on Tuesday that involves lots and lots of stretchy, stretchy moves and some creative foot and handhold maneuvering.

If you have time and are interested in the Five Fingers even a little, check out this site, Pete's writing is brilliant and expansively explanative! http://www.runblogger.com/

That's enough blogging for one day, more to follow soon - possibly with a gym session and a "full" week of climbing and running thrown in for fun, if I can commit and stick to it this time.

Cheers for now.

No comments: