Tuesday, November 30

Yes Dear, You're right, I'm sorry.

The most important two rules about marriage are this:


1. In the event of a disagreement or difference of opinion between husband and wife, the wife is ALWAYS right.


2. In the unlikely instance where the wife is in fact wrong and the husband is in fact right, refer to Rule 1.


So, I got married over this weekend. It starts a completely new and exciting adventure, one which I'm both happy and thankful to have my beautiful wife involved in, because lets be quite honest - without her I probably wouldn't have lasted this long. She is, and hopefully will always be (providing she doesn't wise up and leave my ass), my good luck charm. Why she thinks I'm worthy is completely beyond me (and most of my friends and family's) comprehension, but we all agree that I'm the lucky one!


Thanks need to go out to many, many folk, without whom I would've either had a heart attack or started World War 3. 


So special thanks go out to Linelle, my Hill Billy Lynotherapy fellow sufferer and ever willing running partner, the "20 Min's" a day kept me sane and in some sort of stable mental frame of mind to be able to help out where I could with all the wedding prep.


Another big thank you must go out to my best friends Heather and Jem (my best Best Man), without you both I don't think I would've found my way up to Chapman's Peak to make the ceremony, not to mention all the before and after little things Angela and I didn't even know we were supposed to consider. Heather is an amazing wedding co-ordinator / dominatrix, she should have beaten me more and I'm glad she didn't.


To Jenn, we definitely would not be married now without you! The pre-, during- and post-ceremony and reception was amazing, not to mention your incredible wedding cakes. I'm just a little sore I didn't get to eat more wedding cake on my wedding day, however I'm appeased by the three half-cakes we have yet to wolf down between Angela and myself, though I'll be doing more of the wolfing I'm sure - just because I'm greedy...


To our families for putting up with us while we both seemed to be a little direction-less at times, and at all times overstressed, you're all amazing! Thank you so much for all your support.


There are many more to thank and I will get around to you all personally, but in the meantime thank you all for sharing in our incredible day and the start our journey together, we look forward to sharing our lives with you all as we write new chapters in our Journey Book. Pictures and Thank You notes to follow!

No comments: